Art Fund Prize 2012
Watts Gallery has been shortlisted for the Art Fund Prize for Museums and Galleries 2012!
Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the recent weeks.
Click here to view a selection of the comments submitted online and find out more about the Art Fund Prize.
Top ten reasons why you should support Watts Gallery
1. Magnificent restoration of a hidden gem and artistic treasure
2. An outstanding collection by one Britain's most important artists
3. A groundbreaking Art For All Learning Programme inspired by it's founders G.F. and Mary Watts
4. Internationally significant exhibitions drawn from national and private collections
5. Unique programme of events, concerts, tours, talks and visits
6. A community of more than 300 dedicated volunteers
7. An important library and archive containing 5,000 rare Victorian photographs
8. Pioneering apprenticeships in curatorial, marketing, pottery and estate management skills
9. The celebrated Tea Shop serving Welsh rarebit and home-baked scones and cakes
10. £100,000 would support the saving of Limnerslease, Watts's home and studio, for the nation
“This is wonderful news for the hundreds of friends, volunteers, donors, artists, craftsmen and staff who have worked so hard to rescue one of this country’s hidden gems.
Watts believed in Art for All and winning this competition would help us to further his vision of providing the opportunity of transformation through art to more people.”
Perdita Hunt, Director of Watts Gallery