Posted 17th January 2017
Watts Contemporary Gallery
Saturday 20 May
4 - 9pm
Half price adult entry
Children 16 & under FREE
Take part in the international Museums at Night experience where we'll be celebrating Watts 200 with an evening of making, poetry and music.
Craft activities run from 4 - 9pm, where families can help create a lawn full of plaster horses or join Conservator Katey Corda to paint on plaster to make a fresco on the lawn, inspired by the Monumental Murals exhibition.
Bring your horse sculptures to the Physical Energy Gathering at 5pm in front of the Sculpture Gallery, where you'll hear poetry readings and can perform your own poems — written at our Poetry Lab (4 - 9pm).
Take a unique exhibition tour with a poet from the Poetry Society and a member of the Watts Gallery - Artists' Village Curatorial Team and discover the links between Watts's work and poetry (4.30, 6.30 & 7.30pm).
In the evening you can hear live music including a lute player outside the gallery (4 - 9pm) and a new piece of music inspired by Watts's famous painting Hope, performed by Hugh Winn (tenor) and Daisy Spiers (viola) in front of the painting (6, 7 & 8pm).
Enjoy drinks on the gallery lawn and food from our Pop Up Catering by the Tea Shop, including hot dogs and snacks.
Terms & Conditions for National Lottery Players
- One National Lottery ticket for the draw on Saturday 20 May 2017 provides free entry for 1 adult
- Offer applies to anyone in possession of a National Lottery ticket for the main draw on Saturday 20 May 2017
- Offer is valid on Saturday 20 May 2017 from 4 - 9pm only
- Visitors must collect tickets at the till in the Artists' Village Visitor Centre when they arrive with their lottery tickets
- Watts Gallery - Artists' Village has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as in unforeseeable circumstances