Posted 12th April 2018
Artist in Residence Opportunity
June – October 2018
We are looking for a carpenter, artist, maker or creative collective to respond to our forthcoming exhibition, James Henry Pullen: Inmate – Inventor – Genius,
by making new work and participating in our learning and public programmes.
The role of the Artist in Residence will be to:
- Make new work inspired by the craft and ideas of James Henry Pullen resulting in interactive work and displays in the week of 20 – 28 October 2018
- Explore the possibilities of both traditional and contemporary model making and sculpture skills e.g. woodworking, steam bending, 3D printing, animation
- Engage audiences in making, through open studios/demonstrations and workshops and to play a prominent role in The Make Festival (22 & 23 September).
- Embrace the exhibition, landscape and Art for All ethos of G F and Mary Watts, founders of the Watts Gallery – Artists' Village.
Watts Gallery Trust will provide:
- A stipend of £3500 for the residency period between June – October 2018
- Sole use of a purpose built studio
- A budget of £1000 for materials
- Staff support and administration
Applications should take the form of a single-sided A4 written proposal, CV and examples of your work or link to your website. Applications should be sent by email to
Watts Gallery Trust is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Application Deadline: 9am Thursday 19 April, 2018