Support the Care of the Watts Gallery Collection
The Watts Gallery Collection includes over 7,000 works of art including sculptures, portraits, landscape paintings, photographs and ceramics and over 800 works on paper. Significant works include Paolo and Francesca (c. 1872-74), The Sower of the Systems (c. 1902) and the original gesso model for the monumental sculpture Physical Energy (1884-1904). The Collection also includes an extensive archive.
Individual artworks are often sent out on loan to other institutions and are used to inform our temporary exhibitions, providing insight into G F and Mary Watts and their impact on the 19th century.
Each year it costs Watts Gallery Trust a minimum of £50,000 to secure, conserve and care for the Collection, but often these costs are much higher. By making a donation towards the care of our Collection you will be ensuring that these important works of art are preserved for generations to come.
As an independent charitable trust every donation is invaluable.
- £25 could help pay for acid-free paper for storing important artworks
- £50 could help visitors engage with the Collection by paying for new and updated interpretation boards
- £150 could pay for the conservation of a drawing
- £250 could buy conservation materials for our De Laszlo Conservation Fellow, working in the David Pike Conservation Studio
- £500 could pay for basic repair work to a painting