The Limner Collection
Trained in eye, mind and hand - Mary Watts on the aims of the Compton Potters' Guild, 1902
The Limner Collection has been co-produced by participants of Watts Gallery Trust's Art for All Community Learning Programme. Each product is either handmade or decorated with designs created by the programme's participants and inspired by the work of G F and Mary Watts. The Limner Collection is a continuation of the social enterprise Mary Watts founded with the local community.
The Limner Collection is named after Limnerslease, the studio home G F and Mary Watts built and lived in, which is now part of Watts Gallery – Artists' Village. 'Limner' is the old English word for artist and 'lease' is to glean hope for the future.