In recent years Watts Gallery – Artists' Village has grown from a single artist gallery to a multi-site campus with 3 exhibitions a year, our recently opened Studios, Limnerslease house, free contemporary art exhibitions, Arts & Crafts Chapel, busy learning and outreach programme and woodland to care for.
- Adults: £12.50 (£13.75 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Students/under 25s: £6.25 (£6.90 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Emergency Services Worker admission: £9.99 (valid when accompanied by a work pass on arrival)
- Under 18s: Free
- Friends of Watts Gallery - Artists' Village
- Art Fund card holders receive 50% off admission (£6.25 with discount). Card holders will receive free entry at times when no exhibition is on show. Please book admission at the Visitor Centre upon arrival in order to secure your discount.
- Essential Carers go FREE when accompanying the person they care for.
Reopening - 6 July 2020
Following the latest government guidance, we are delighted to announce that we will gradually re-open in four phases from the 6 July onward.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers, local community and staff remain our top priority so we will gradually reopen our estate and have introduced some new health and safety measures to keep you and everyone else safe.
All our visitors will need to pre-book time slots for our exhibitions in our historic galleries, this will enable us to adhere to social distancing. Tickets will go on sale on Monday 20 July, priority booking tickets will be made available to our Friends, volunteers and neighbours on Thursday 16 July. Tickets will be available to book online only from www.wattsgallery.org.uk
We thank you in advance for your help and cooperation with following Government guidelines to keep everyone safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village.
Monday 6 July - Shop, grounds and Watts Contemporary Gallery - Norman Ackroyd CBE, RA Etching the Archipelago
We will re-open our shop, Watts Contemporary Gallery and Grounds. Norman Ackroyd CBE, RA Etching the Archipelago exhibition will re-open in Watts Contemporary Gallery. To ensure that Government social distancing guidelines are followed we will limit the number of people entering the shop and Watts Contemporary Gallery at a time. We will be open from 10am-5pm. Pre-booking is not required however visitors may have to queue for access due to high demand. Our Tea Shop and toilet facilities will be closed for essential maintenance during this phase.
Monday 3 August - Tea Shop and Historic Galleries
We will re-open our Tea Shop and Historic Galleries featuring our Permanent Collection. We will be introducing timed pre-booking slots for our Historic Galleries to ensure safety and comfort for everyone (The Sculpture Gallery and Temporary Exhibition will open later please see below). Tickets will go on sale on Monday 20 July, priority booking tickets will be made available to our Friends, volunteers and neighbours on Thursday 16 July. Tickets must be booked online in advance.
Monday 17 August - Temporary Exhibition & Sculpture Gallery - Unto This Last: Two Hundred Years of John Ruskin
Our temporary exhibition Unto This Last: Two Hundred Years of John Ruskin will re-open. Tickets will go on sale Monday 20 July, priority booking tickets will be made available to our Friends, volunteers and neighbours on Thursday 16 July. Tickets must be booked online in advance.
Autumn 2020 - Limnerslease and Watts Studios
How we will keep you safe
- We will limit numbers in our buildings
- We will provide hand sanitiser on entry to our buildings and ask that you use it.
- We will have one-way systems in certain areas.
- We will enhance our cleaning procedures around our site.
- Our staff may be wearing gloves, masks or visors or be behind a screen depending on where they are located.
- We will welcome you to our site but will keep our distance.
- We will monitor visitor activity and may remind you of social distancing measures.
We ask that you
- Follow social distancing measures
- Respect our staff and volunteers by following their directions and keeping your distance
- Use hand sanitiser where it is provided.
- Book in advance for the galleries and bring your ticket either on your phone or printed out.
- Follow any one-way systems in place.
- Keep your distance from other visitors.
- Talk to our team if you need help or have any concerns.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell, are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone with symptoms.
- Enjoy your visit to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village!
Please note: if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village.
Digital GuideThe SMARTIFY app is free to download, from Google Play and the App Store, to use in our gallery spaces. The app uses advanced image recognition technology via your smartphone to unlock extra information, including rarely seen images from our archives, specially created audio interviews, curatorial research and more of the inspirational stories behind our collection.
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
1. A valid ticket must be produced for any exhibition, event or workshop.
2. Watts Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry or ask ticket holders to leave at any point, on reasonable grounds.
3. Watts Gallery reserves the right to make alterations to any exhibition or event where necessary.
4. A refund for Gallery events is only available if the event is cancelled.
5. By purchasing a ticket, you consent to be filmed, audio recorded and/or photographed. Please notify a member of staff if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed.
6. The unauthorised use of a camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
7. Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk.