In recent years Watts Gallery – Artists' Village has grown from a single artist gallery to a multi-site campus with 3 exhibitions a year, our recently opened Studios, Limnerslease house, free contemporary art exhibitions, Arts & Crafts Chapel, busy learning and outreach programme and woodland to care for.
- Adults: £12.50 (£13.75 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Students/under 25s: £6.25 (£6.90 with a donation for Gift Aid)
- Emergency Services Worker admission: £9.99 (valid when accompanied by a work pass on arrival)
- Under 18s: Free
- Friends of Watts Gallery - Artists' Village
- Art Fund card holders receive 50% off admission (£6.25 with discount). Card holders will receive free entry at times when no exhibition is on show. Please book admission at the Visitor Centre upon arrival in order to secure your discount.
- Essential Carers go FREE when accompanying the person they care for.
We have reopened
Following the latest government guidance, we are delighted to gradually re-opening in phases.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers, local community and staff remain our top priority so we will gradually reopen our estate and have introduced some new health and safety measures to keep you and everyone else safe.
All our visitors must wear a face covering whilst inside our indoor spaces from 8 August onward as per Government Guidelines. All our visitors will need to pre-book time slots for our exhibitions in our Historic Gallery and for Unto this Last: Two Hundred Years of John Ruskin, this will enable us to adhere to social distancing. Tickets are available to book online here
We thank you in advance for your help and cooperation with following Government guidelines to keep everyone safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village.
Open - Shop and Watts Contemporary Gallery - Norman Ackroyd CBE, RA Etching the Archipelago
Our shop, Watts Contemporary Gallery and Grounds are now open. Norman Ackroyd CBE, RA Etching the Archipelago exhibition is on display in Watts Contemporary Gallery. To ensure that Government social distancing guidelines are followed we are limiting the number of people entering the shop and Watts Contemporary Gallery at a time. We are open from 10am-5pm daily. Pre-booking is not required however visitors may have to queue for access due to high demand.
Open - Tea Shop
No pre-booking is required for the Tea Shop, read our delicious menu and plan your visit here
Open - Watts Chapel
Watts Chapel is temporarily closed for interior conservation work. Please check Wattsgallery.org.uk for updates before your visit.
Open - Historic Gallery, Sculpture Gallery and Temporary Exhibition - Unto This Last: Two Hundred Years of John Ruskin
Our Historic Gallery, Sculpture Gallery and temporary exhibition Unto This Last: Two Hundred Years of John Ruskin is open 10am-5pm daily, last admission at 3.30pm. Tickets must be pre-booked online, book here (Please note some slots may be unavailable on 16 September due to venue hire)
Autumn 2020 - Limnerslease and Watts Studios
How we will keep you safe during your visit
- We limit numbers in our buildings
- We provide hand sanitiser on entry to our buildings and ask that you use it
- We have one-way systems in certain areas
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures around our site
- Our staff may be wearing gloves, masks or visors or be behind a screen depending on where they are located
- We welcome you to our site but will keep our distance
- We monitor visitor activity and may remind you of social distancing measures
We ask that you
- Wear a face covering whilst inside our indoor spaces
- Follow social distancing measures
- Respect our staff and volunteers by following their directions and keeping your distance
- Use hand sanitiser where it is provided
- Book in advance for the galleries and bring your ticket either on your phone or printed out
- Follow any one-way systems in place
- Keep a distance from other visitors
- Talk to our team if you need help or have any concerns
- Stay at home if you feel unwell, are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone with symptoms
- Enjoy your visit to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village!
Please note: if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) you will not be permitted entry to Watts Gallery – Artists' Village.
Digital GuideThe SMARTIFY app is free to download, from Google Play and the App Store, to use in our gallery spaces. The app uses advanced image recognition technology via your smartphone to unlock extra information, including rarely seen images from our archives, specially created audio interviews, curatorial research and more of the inspirational stories behind our collection.
Ticketing Terms and Condition
1. Please note that your admission ticket is valid for the date you have selected only.
2. You must arrive within your time slot.
3. In the event of a lockdown or further government restrictions that affect your booking we will contact you and reschedule your booking.
4. If you cannot make an event you have booked, contact us 7 days before the event is scheduled and we will endeavour to help accommodate your request.
5. Please show your confirmation email on your smart phone at the Visitors Centre (Shop) upon arrival.
6. Members (Exhibition Circle, Patron, Adopt a Watts, Friend), Art Fund Members and promotional tickets will also need to show valid ID upon arrival at the Visitors Centre (Shop)
7. By purchasing a ticket, you consent to be filmed, audio recorded and/or photographed. Please notify a member of staff if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed.
8. The unauthorised use of a camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
9. Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk.